A Globe valves is a linear motion valve and the disk of a Globe valve can be totally removed from the flow path. Conventional Globe valves used for isolation and throttling services. The range of flow control, drop pressure, and duty must be considered in the design of the valve to avert premature failure and to assure satisfactory services.
- Good shutoff capability valve
- Moderate to good throttling capability
- Shorter stroke compared to other valves
- Available in tee, angle patterns, each offering unique capabilities
- Easy to machine or resurface the seats
- With disc not attached to the stem
- used as a stop-check valve
Applications of Globe valves:-
- Cooling water systems
- Fuel oil system where leak tightness is importance.
- High-point vents and low-point drains when safety is goal.
- Feed water, chemical feed, and extraction drain systems.
- Boiler vents and drains, main steam vents
- Turbine seals and lube oil system etc.